DEEP CYCLE BATTERIES
13. HOW CAN I REDUCE RECHARGING TIME?

To reduce the amount of time that your charger is running, only recharge the battery to 90% state-of-charge at the amp hour rate not exceeding the number of ampere-hours that need to be replaced. For example, if you have consumed 50-ampere-hours from a 100-amp hour battery, then you do not want to recharge it at rate any greater than 40 amps in one hour. At a 10-amp, charging rate, it should take approximately 4.3 hours to get to a 90% state-of-charge. Please note that it will take almost the same amount of time, at a reduced current, to recharge the battery the remaining 10% to bring it to 100% state-of-charge as it took to recharge it originally from the 50% to the 90% level. If you recharge to the 90% state-of-charge level, you should charge to 100% at least every 10th cycle.


SPECIALS | Home Page | Contact Us | About Batteries | Returns/Warranty | Corporate Profile